CONSENTIMIENTO INFORMADO Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar nuestros servicios y mostrarle publicidad relacionada con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus hábitos de navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración u obtener más información en nuestra Política de cookiesX
Muchos hospitales están utilizando Exudrain™ cuando se da el alta a la paciente pero se le deja un drenaje, por ejemplo después de una mastectomía con un drenaje axilar.
Boman L, Björvell H, Cedermark G, Theve N O, Wilking N.
Department of Internal Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden.
Eur J Surg 159: 67-73, 1993
- Open study with self-selected patients
- 169 patients participated, 24% chose early discharge with the drain (Exudrain) still in place and 76% were discharged after removal of drain
- The length of stay in hospital, complications and satisfaction among patients were compared between the groups
- Median stay in hospital in early discharge group was 2 days, and for those who stayed until the drain was removed was 6 days.
- No differences in complications between the groups and they were equally satisfied
- Patients who chose to leave hospital with Exudrain in place were equally satisfied with the treatment, and did not have any more complications than the patients who stayed until the drain was removed.
- According to the authors, patients need to be evaluated individually with regards to time of discharge and the need for emotional support after the operation.
Holcombe C, West N, Mansel RE, Horgan K.
University Department of Surgery, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK.
Eur J Surg Oncol 1995 Dec;21(6):604-6
-39 patients were discharged early after axillary lymphadenectomy with the axillary drain (Exudrain) in situ, 10 patients left the hospital later with the drain, and 47 patients stayed in hospital until the drain was removed
- Drainage volume, mean hospital stay, complications, and satisfaction among patients were evaluated
- The median post-operative stay was 3 days in the early discharge group compared to 8 days in the other group (p< 0.001), and the seroma formation was significantly reduced in the early discharge group.
- There was no difference in the complication rate
- Each patient that accepted the early discharge freed hospital beds up to 5 days
The authors conclude that early discharge with Exudrain is safe and popular with patients. The median stay was reduced with 5 days and this means a substantial reduction in costs.
Benoit L, L'Helgouarc'h JL, Goudet P, Cougard P
Ann Chir 1999;53(2):123-6
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale et Urgences, Hopital General, Dijon.
-148 patients having drains following bilateral thyroidectomy included, 77 had double high vacuum drains, and 71 had low vacuum drains (Exudrain).
-Wound infections, hematoma duration, volume of drainage, and hospital stay were compared
-Exudrain drainage was removed earlier
-No significant changes regarding complications.
The authors conclude that “A single low vacuum drain is a safe and simple alternative to provide adequate post-operative drainage following bilateral thyroidectomy.
Dentsply Sirona Iberia S.A.U
Paseo de la Zona Franca nº 111, planta 5
Torre Auditori - Porta Firal
Tel. gratuito atención cliente:
(+34) 900 211 100
Tel: + 34 932 643 566
Fax: + 34 933 363 231
©2019 ©2017 Wellspect HealthCare. Todos los derechos reservados.